- Marinade: 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Marinade: 1 tsp Shaoxing rice wine
- Marinade: ½ tsp sugar
- Marinade: ½ tsp white pepper
- 225g rump steak
- 225g of rice sticks
- 2-3 tbsp veg or peanut oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 green pepper, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp black bean sauce
- 2-3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Fresh Coriander for garnish
Pop down to your local Chinese supermarket for the shaoxing rice wine, black bean sauce and the rice sticks, although I have used thin noodles from your average supermarket!
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, add the beef and marinade for 20 mins
Cook the rice sticks according to the directions on the packet.
Once cooked, drain and set aside.
In a pre-heated wok or deep saucepan heat the oil and stir fry the beef for 1 minute or until the meat has changed colour. Drain the meat and also set aside.
Pour off any excess oil from the wok and stir fry the onion and peppers for 1 min. Add the black bean sauce and stir well, then pour in the light soy sauce. Toss the rice sticks in with the vegetables and when fully incorporated, add the beef and stir until warmed through.