- 600g lean lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic
- Fresh mint
- Fresh coriander
- Ground cumin
- Coriander seeds
- 1 Lemon
- 2 eggs
- Worcestershire sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. To prepare finely dice the onion, finely chop the herbs, juice the lemon, crush the garlic, lightly beats the eggs and grind 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds in a mortar and pestle.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the mince, eggs, onion, garlic and fresh herbs. Add about 2 teaspoons of cumin and the ground coriander seeds.
3. To the mixture add a drizzle of olive oil, a good splash of worcestershire sauce, the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
4. Using your hands (freshly washed of course) make the mixture into patties.
5. You can cook them on a grill, in a pan or my preference is to cook them on the bbq. Cook until brown on the outside and cooked through.
Serve with a fresh lemon wedge and tzatziki.