- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 4 (6-inch) pita bread rounds, halved
Hummus Pitas with Feta-Olive Salsa, Tahini is a creamy puree of sesame seeds that has a light nut-like flavor. It can be found at many supermarkets and ethnic grocery stores.
Drain chickpeas in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid.
Combine chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and red pepper in a food processor, and process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl once.
Add lemon juice and reserved chickpea liquid, process until smooth.
Spoon mixture into a bowl; set aside.
Combine tomato and next 6 ingredients (tomato through mint) in a bowl.
Spoon 1/4 cup hummus mixture into each pita half; top with 1/4 cup feta-olive salsa.