- 4 chicken breasts
- Finely grated rind of half and orange and the juice
- Finely grated rind of half small lemon or lime and the juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. runny honey
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- One quarter of teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
This is an easy one – just remember the meat needs to marinade for 2 hours so a little advanced thinking is required!
Cooking time: approx. 40 mins
Marinade meat 2 hrs.
Special equipment: skewers -remember if using soak wooden ones so that they don’t burn on the bbq or under the grillMethod:
1. Cut the chicken into cubes of approx. 2.5 cm or 1 inch
2. Mix together the marinade, add the chicken cubes and leave for 2 hours
3. Thread the chicken cubes onto skewers and grill or barbeque on a low to medium heat for approx. 15 – 20 minutes. Baste the chicken often and turn over to ensure cooking thoroughly
Serve with couscous, tomatoes and salad leaves
n.b. when using a barbeque, only cover half the bottom with charcoal and cook the chicken over the indiect heat (not directly over the coals). To finnish move chicken directly over coals for a few minutes to add colour.